SPECIAL OLYMPICS, RECREATION, WELLNESS, and VENTURING
SO Regional Weekly Challenge
This week’s challenge is: BICEP CURLS
The Northwest Ohio Region (Region 1) is doing a weekly challenge for all of the region’s counties. Each Monday, there will be a “challenge of the week” that athletes will have a chance to complete by that Friday at 5:00pm. The challenges are simple exercises like push-ups, sit-ups, squats, etc. The athletes are asked to submit a video or picture to their coach(es) of them doing the challenge. *Due to the Monday Holiday this week, athletes will have till Saturday, May 30th to submit.
Athletes can now submit 1 entry per day for 1 point. If they do Monday-Friday and send a pic/video to the coaches, they can earn a max of 5 points for the week. May 2020 – GoToMeeting and Activity Calendar May 2020 – GoToMeeting and Activity CalendarThe standings will be released every week so counties can see where they placed for that challenge.
Athletes can do whatever routine they like, as long as they participate. Athletes are encouraged to send a video or picture of themselves performing bicep curls to Zach or Jacob via email (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) or via text Zach: 419-409-1467 or Jacob: 419-494-4835.
Exercise from home:
· Fit 5 Guide: Educational guide and tracker for athletes to focus on fitness.
· Fitness Cards: A series of leveled exercises in endurance, strength and flexibility. These cards can be done at home and with little equipment.
· Fitness Videos: Videos portraying the exercises in the fitness cards. Athletes can follow along to with the videos to get a great workout!
– Staying Fit at Home —simple week long calendar that athletes can follow to stay fit. Week long calendar can be repeated as needed. Athletes can sign up on the link in the resource to receive newsletter with content from Health Messengers to for tips and ideas on how to stay active.
– School of Strength (NEW): School of Strength is an interactive online platform that encourages athletes to participate in a fun and engaging training program that they can do in the comfort of their own homes. Developed in partnership with WWE superstar Becky Lynch, this series of videos, a fitness tracker, a coach’s playbook and a caregiver toolkit all contribute to helping athletes focus on nutrition and fitness and getting the most out of their workouts.