The Health Supports Department was created to establish necessary supplemental supports that are utilized by all people served by the Wood County Board of DD.
The Health Supports Department provides a wide scope of services that includes nursing, occupational therapy, and health supports coordination. A few of the main services this department provides include:
- Referring people to other services when necessary.
- Processing adaptive equipment purchase requests.
- Providing education and resources to providers based upon a person’s level of need.
- Providing Health Support Programs to maximize a person’s independence.
- Reducing hospitalizations and discomfort during end-of-life care.
- Maintaining the Equipment Loan Closet
The Registered Nurse (RN) monitors the health, diet, and hygiene needs of people served by the Wood County Board of DD through Quality Assurance Checks with Providers. The RN is also responsible for trainings that comply with Ohio Nursing Delegation laws and rules.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) and Occupational Therapy Assistants (OTA’s) offer many supports including consults for people and providers. These consultations can include set-up of assistive technologies that allow a person to be more independent and less reliant on direct support staff.