“Look up, and not down; Out and not in; Forward and no back; And lend a hand.”– Edward Everett Hale
Family Support Services provide financial assistance to enable families to care for their family member(s) with disabilities at home, and to enhance the quality of life for the individuals and their families. Family Support Services is available to any individual who is eligible for Wood County Board of DD services and is living in his or her family home.
Wood Lane’s Family Support Services offer financial assistance in the following areas:
- respite care (short-term temporary care, in or out of the family home)
- approved camps, recreation programs
- adaptive equipment and incontinence products
- home modification
- special diets
- counseling, training and education
- assistive technology adapted toys, computer software and funds for wheelchair repair
Families eligible for services may be able to request funds for approved services per fiscal year. The funds are available dependent upon funding availability and service provider availability. Families are required to make co-payments based upon their taxable income using a co-payment scale established by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities.